The Frozen Volume steps out and embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for the outdoor pursuits can empower us to face the elements.
This issue of Another Escape explores the raw, fragile and compelling landscapes of our polar and mountainous wilderness. It includes stories about Nordic skating on the vast and numerous lakes of Sweden, dogsledding across frozen fjords and into wild snow-cloaked mountains. It features one man's adventure to collect the world's most comprehensive collection of snowshoes and one woman's commitment to enduring the seasons and tending a weather station in the remote wilds of Iceland.
Beneath the Cover
- The Frozen Landscape: Observing nature's cycles the opportunities the colder season brings.
- Changing Times: Norway's complex relationship with climate change.
- The Weather Report: Enduring the seasons and tending to a weather station in the remote wilds of Iceland.
- Dissonance in the Wilderness: How our selective memories can infuse our expectations and frame our relationship with the outdoors.
- 160 inside pages
- 200mm x 265mm
- 300gsm matte laminate cover
- 120gsm inside pages
- Printed on Edixion Challenger FSC
- Euro Eco-label paper
- Published in Bristol, UK.
- H26.5 x W20cm, 400gms
Good to Know
Telephone & EmailMore info
Free UK Delivery (orders over £100)
Same day shipping for orders received before 11am. All of our orders are tracked and will need to be signed for. Please email or call if you have any questions.More info
Free UK returns
We’re passionate about our products and service we offer. It’s important to us that you’re equally happy with your Millican products. If for any reason this isn’t the case, please contact us.More info