The Altitudes Volume uncovers our fascination with height, flight, and all things skyward. It includes stories on how pushing the limits of human ability and being creative in wild spaces can teach us some of life’s most valuable lessons.
It discovers the cultural significance of mountains and their influence on artistry, spirituality, and the human psyche; the natural wonder of North America’s flyways and the incredible birds that fly them; how we may find comfortability in the backcountry and on mountain terrain; and unique cultures and communities long fostered by their mountain surrounds. This volume’s travel section ventures to the highlands of Ladakh, India, a place rich in history and culture, shaped by the rippling landscapes of some of Central Asia’s great mountain ranges.
Beneath the Cover
- Drawn Upwards: Our fascination with height, flight and all things skyward.
- The High Life: The composure, strength and mental endurance needed to perform the exhilarating sport of high lining.
- Mountains as Muses: How precipitous landscapes can inspire artistic practice.
- The Shifting Archetype: Finding Meaning in Mountains: The cultural significance of mountains and their influence on the human psyche.
- 160 inside pages
- 200mm x 265mm
- 300gsm matte laminate cover
- 120gsm inside pages
- Printed on Edixion Challenger FSC
- Euro Eco-label paper
- Published in Bristol, UK.
- H26.5 x W20cm, 400gms
Good to Know
Telephone & EmailMore info
Free UK Delivery (orders over £100)
Same day shipping for orders received before 11am. All of our orders are tracked and will need to be signed for. Please email or call if you have any questions.More info
Free UK returns
We’re passionate about our products and service we offer. It’s important to us that you’re equally happy with your Millican products. If for any reason this isn’t the case, please contact us.More info