The Travel Collective is about like-minded people coming together to share stories and be creative – all at the foot of Skiddaw in The Lake District. Over two days in July (20th & 21st), you'll join the Millican Basecamp on our farm in Braithwaite, just outside Keswick.
Joining us will be Jim Marsden who will run a full-day photography workshop on Friday, wandering through Newlands Valley, the backdrop to Millican HQ. Jim's been running his 'Wander' workshops for the last 2 years: "I believe that being outside, walking and talking, allows your mind the freedom and space to think better."
On the Friday evening, Millican will host a series of campfire talks by outdoor therapist Ruth Allen, photographer Simon Bray and artist/photographer/writer duo Rob & Harriet Fraser.
Date: 20th – 21st of July 2018 (Starting Friday 10am – Ending Saturday 12pm)
Locations: Millican HQ, Braithwaite Farm, Keswick
Only 15 places available.
- 2 nights camping (please read Camping Details)
- All food and drink for the weekend, all local Lake District produce
- 1 full day photography workshop
- An evening of 3 talks and campfire dinner
- You will spend the day on the fells in Newlands Valley where Jim will be your photography guide. Walking and talking, you'll be taught Jim's 8 core ideas and tools for photography. You can bring any photography camera you like, but please note this is not a technical photography course.
- "I have some ideas to share about making photographs and how to think about making photographs that only you can. The attendees will leave with an eight-card series of the core ideas and some tools to make their photographs in a more personal way." - Jim Marsden
- The field directly outside of Millican HQ will be set-up for camping, with stunning views of Skiddaw, forests and a field of willow. You can pitch your tent around our Giant Tentipi, which will have seating, flooring and a bar. The site has access to male and female toilets, indoor kitchen etc… unfortunately there is no shower on site (but that's all part of the experience).
- The 2 nights camping includes Thursday 19th night and Friday 20th night only. The workshops begin at 10am, so you can arrive the evening before on Thursday (please arrive after 5pm) or by 9am Friday to set-up your tent.
- Please bring your own camping equipment - tent, sleeping bag, head torch etc.
- From inside our Tentipi at Millican Basecamp, we'll gather around the campfire in the early evening to sit back with a beer in hand and listen to the stories of our 3 speakers. Afterwards, we will watch the flames dance and flicker and share the evening with great company.
Food And Drink Details
- We will provide you with breakfast upon arrival on Friday morning, and keep you fuelled for your whole stay. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Friday with Breakfast before you set off home on Saturday.
- If you are arriving on Thursday night we can suggest plenty of local pubs + restaurants in Keswick and the surrounding area.
Good to Know
Telephone & EmailMore info
Free UK Delivery (orders over £75)
Same day shipping for orders received before 11am. All of our orders are tracked and will need to be signed for. Please email or call if you have any questions.More info
Free UK returns
We’re passionate about our products and service we offer. It’s important to us that you’re equally happy with your Millican products. If for any reason this isn’t the case, please contact us.More info