Emily Macaulay and Felicity Rowley started This Way to spend more time outdoors, sharing what they found in the hope they'd encourage others to do the same. They wanted to create maps for curious folk, for those who want to explore more unusual tourist attractions on foot. Each illustrated map shows a route or two to walk, with points of interest along the way.
Explore the valley of Borrowdale with This Way's custom Millican map. Borrowdale is a brilliant introduction to the Lake District, an area to fall in love with and visit over and over again. This map offers both a 7.3km and 17km route over Catbells, High Spy and along the Borrowdale valley. Part of the enjoyment of Emily and Felicity's maps is to unearth the stories of history and wildlife along the way, plus places to grab provisions or a pint. Stop for a moment at Bowder Stone a 2000 ton boulder that sits balanced on its edge, and visit our namesake's cave beneath Castle Crag, where Millican Dalton lived a modest life - you can find his words carved in the stone.
Beneath The Cover
- Double-sided foldout map.
- Two illustrated route within Borrowdale: 7.3km (4.5 miles) and 17km (10.5 miles)
- 14 points of interest and how to find them, including Castle Cragg, Millican Dalton's cave, Quarry and locations for wild swimming.
- Suggestions for local cafes and pubs.
- Accommodation recommendations.
- 10cm x 17cm (folded) 50cm x 51cm (open)
- Printed on recycled matt paper
- Packed in a glassine cover
Good to Know
Telephone & EmailMore info
Free UK Delivery (orders over £100)
Same day shipping for orders received before 11am. All of our orders are tracked and will need to be signed for. Please email or call if you have any questions.More info
Free UK returns
We’re passionate about our products and service we offer. It’s important to us that you’re equally happy with your Millican products. If for any reason this isn’t the case, please contact us.More info