We are looking for an organised, curious and pro-active Marketing Junior to join us immediately at Millican HQ in Keswick. Applicants should send a cv and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of July 2018.
Who We Are
Millican is a sustainable travel brand, based in Keswick and launched in 2009. Since then, our small team has created a strong reputation for high quality, sustainable travel bags and accessories, backed up by world-class, highly personal customer service.
The brand is being sold online at homeofmillican.com and in 250 reputable UK and international retailers in 15 countries, across Outdoor, Travel and Lifestyle markets. Millican has partnered with UK retailers including Selfridges, Cotswold, George Fisher and Oi Polloi, and collaborated with brands and artists such as Universal Works, Radiohead and the Do Lectures.
We have been growing rapidly in the past 3 years, with further strong growth expected in the coming years, expanding our global online presence and wholesale network in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. To make this happen, we’re currently investing in brand marketing projects, new products, new partners, and several new team members to join us on the farm at Millican HQ.
For us, the brand is all about the people who make Millican what it is. We’re building a team of like-minded, active and creative talent with a love for travel and the outdoors. We often create roles around the right talent, rather than being fixated on a narrow skill base. This creates and demands flexibility and resilience in the team.
We are looking for an organised, curious and pro-active Marketing Junior to join us immediately at Millican HQ in Keswick. You will report to Stephanie (our Marketing Manager), and work closely with Jeffrey (our Creative Director), our new Global Ecommerce Manager (role currently advertised) and our Graphic Designer Bex, as part of the Millican Creative Team.
This role will support the Marketing Manager and Global Ecommerce Manager, helping them to manage all social media formats, email and website communication and online content creation.
Your main focus will be on digital marketing, with additional support needed seasonally for event management, PR and wholesale marketing projects. This is a great opportunity for someone who's looking to gain experience across a broad range of marketing projects in a small and fast-growing global brand, developing their skills and passions as they go.
The role suits a candidate with a flexible and curious nature. The job description covers the core responsibilities, but you’ll no doubt be involved in other activities and projects in the business from time to time. You’ll be working within a small team with an international presence, so your organisational skills and ability to multi-task are crucial to underpin our ambitious sales and brand efforts. Excellent communications skills, confidence and strong initiative are invaluable within this unique working environment.
- Digital Marketing Support
- Managing communication with our community across all social media formats, working with the Customer Service team when necessary
- Posting day-to-day social posts across key formats (Facebook, Instagram + Twitter)
- Support with occasional copy writing for social media and email communication.
- Formatting and scheduling email newsletters as instructed by the Marketing Manager
- Creating and editing blog content for the website, incl. proof reading + image re-sizing
- Maintain the Wholesale Store Locator seasonally
- Review and post positive product reviews
- Ecommerce Support
- Maintaining the homepage, updating best sellers and collection pages
- Creating and managing new and existing product pages
- Support with PPC, SEO and Google Shopping optimisation
- Support with the international development of our website
- Creative Team Support
- Occasional event and trade show support (some weekend work when necessary)
- Seasonal wholesale marketing support, liaising with international marketing managers
- Support with influencer and PR management
- Showroom organisation and management
- Internal meeting organisation
- Passion for travel, the outdoors, people and sustainability
- You recognise yourself in the Millican brand
- BA Hons Degree or equivalent in Marketing/Ecommerce/Business Management is desirable
- Experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential – having an ambitious and pro-active nature is most important
- Confident, responsible and very organised team player
- Independent worker with good time management skills
- IT competent and digitally aware
- Beginners' experience in Photoshop/In-Design is desirable, but not essential
- Creative, flexible, people-person with strong intuitive
- Clear written and spoken English is essential
We will offer a competitive remuneration package, based on your relevant experience - relocation support is available for the right candidate.
In addition to 28 days of paid annual leave (incl. statutory days), Millican also provides 5 extra paid days of leave per annum to support both our company’s and your own community initiatives.
Millican HQ is based on a working farm at the foot of Skiddaw – possibly the best workspace in the world …