We are looking for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic Business Operations Manager to join us at Millican HQ in Keswick. Applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Reports To: Brand Director
Spec: Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm,
Location: Braithwaite Farm, Keswick, Lake District, UK
Closing Date: 14.09.2021
CV & Cover letter: Community@homeofmillican.com
Rooted in responsible business practice, outside living and a connection to nature, Millican is a sustainable, direct to consumer, backpack brand with a culture of independence and collective responsibility for our future. We approach life and work as a balance, being intentional and deeply aware of our place in the world.
Millican HQ is based in a small business community on a farm in Keswick, The Lake District. With the mountains outside our door (and the best office views in the UK), we encourage adventure when the sun is out and autonomy to manage your work load while spending time as a team within core, collaborative, working hours .
Reporting to the Brand Director this newly created role will have day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of Millican’s business operations that support our commercial activities.
This encompasses supply chain, logistics, e-comm fulfilment, inventory management, financial & KPI reporting and analysis, and our processes and systems.
The Finance Manager and Customer Service Executive report to this role.
- Manage inventory including replenishment planning, placing and tracking purchase orders, and QC feedback including the day-to-day management of our Vietnam factory liaison partners
- Manage our inbound logistics from Vietnam to be on-time, in-full and cost appropriate
- Manage the insurance and title of our inventory throughout the supply chain and fulfilment
- Manage fulfilment of customer orders to best-in-class SLAs and cost through our third-party warehouse, Shopify and Global-E
- Manage customer service to maximise order conversion and minimise returns in a brand consistent manner
- Proactively be aware of all anticipated shifts in demand patterns forecasted by the commercial team due to the trading and promotional calendar and brief and manage the extended operations team to respond appropriately
- Manage Finance to deliver on-time, accurate monthly financial reports
- Manage Finance to maintain a real-time, accurate cashflow forecast
- Deliver monthly KPI reports, including analysis of opportunities for efficiencies or cost savings
- Deliver optimum performance of operating systems, processes and workflows
- Manage key operational projects to effect strategic business change
- At least 5 years operational management experience in an e-commerce environment
- Proven experience of managing a supply chain; ideally with SE Asian manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of finance from a commercial and operational management perspective
- A highly personable and effective manager and leader
Competencies & Values:
- Proven problem solver and self-starter who can work independently
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking with mastery of Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Fastidious attention to detail always prioritising to deliver on-time, in-full
- Agile and adaptable: they roll up their sleeves and make things happen, even from scratch
- Passionate about Millican’s ethos and culture of responsible living