It’s been a while since we last touched base.
To say the least, it’s been a little busy at the Home of Millican the last few weeks. Those of you who subscribe to our newsletter will know we spent the last week shooting loads of beautiful images of all our bags in and around Keswick – in the Cumberland Pencil Factory, Keswick Launch boat yard, around Derwent Water and in Threlkeld Quarry.
Did you know that the first pencil in the world came from Keswick?
Here’s a little sneak peak from the trusty iPhone…
It’s been so busy that the all-important day has crept up on us. This Sunday marks Father’s Day and we all know Dads are big fans of all things Millican. So to show our appreciation, we’re offering 20% of all our bags and accessories for the next 24 hours.
It’s simple – just add DADSROCK12 on your basket page and 4 things will happen:
1. You’ll get 20% off your purchase
2. We will donate a further 5% to our good friends at Re-cycle, bicycle aid for Africa
3. We’ll add a free Andy the Water Bottle (£12), as our gift to your Dad
4. Your Dad will become an extra happy Dad
Re-cycle is a UK charity dedicated to providing affordable, sustainable transport in Africa. They are changing lives by recycling unwanted bikes from the UK and other countries, re-using them for daily transport to work and schools in Africa.
Photo courtesy of Re-cycle
N.B. you don’t have long left; please place your order by Thursday 14 June 12.00 noon GMT for Father’s Day delivery.
1. A cycle tour of the capital
2. A day of Survival Skills at Baddesley Clinton in Warwickshire
3. The Custom and Hot Rod Festival in Beaulieu
4. An exhibition of British Design 1948-2012, showing at the V&A
What better way to sign off a Father’s Day blog post than a Dad joke …
A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says ‘Sorry we don’t serve food in here.’